2022 Domaine Nøvice VDF ‘One Shot’ Trousseau/Poulsard
Nøvice is a relatively new domaine in Poligny from Yves Roy. Yves came to the Jura in 2014, first apprenticing under Valentin Morel before striking out on his own, purchasing 5ha of beautiful, often extremely old vines of Savagnin and Poulsard on the hillsides surrounding the village. He has since converted all his vines to organic and is in the process of planting new parcels to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Trousseau, which should begin to yield significant quantities in 2025. There are no additions of any kind in the cellar or the vines, nor does he fine or filter the wines, or use any other form of intervention in the ageing process. Fermentations take place in large vats, and the wines then generally age for about one year in barrels before bottling.A compelling project.
60% Trousseau, 40% poulsard from the Trouillot Batard lieu-dit in Poligny. Aged in stainless steel tanks.
- Country France
- Region Jura
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Nøvice
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Trousseau, Poulsard
- Food Pairings Roast White Meats, Fried Food, Stinky Cheese, Red Sauce, Meaty Fish
- Characteristics Wild Side, No Sulfur, Bright and Fresh, Flexes w/ Food, Red Fruit
- This item is not eligible for discount.