2016 Jacques Lassaigne Clos Sainte-Sophie Blanc de Blancs Brut Nature, Champagne, France
Clos Sainte-Sophie is a special parcel in the heart of Montgueux that Emmanuel vinifies on its own.
Age of Vines: 40+ Years
Yields: 60 hl/ha
Pruning Method: Guyot
Soil: Heavy clay and chalk
Vinification Method: The Clos Sainte-Sophie juice is vinified in a combination of barrels previously used for Cognac, Savagnin ouillé (from Ganevat), and Burgundy barrels for 6 months. The juice is then blended in tank for 2 months. The wine is bottled in the spring of the following vintage and then spends 6 years on the lees in bottle.
Tasting notes: This wine is opulence personified. Intense laser beams of acidity balance out the caramel notes here and the finish goes on and on for millennia. This wine pairs well with long-lived wedding anniversaries and doctoral dissertation completions, or it will make whatever random moment you decide to open one as special as either of those rare events. Extremely limited and unicorn-like.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Jacques Lassaigne
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Fried Food
- Characteristics Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Has Age, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.