2018 Domaine Hubert Lignier Aux Combottes Gevrey-Chambertin Premier Cru, France
From Rosenthal: We have always considered the Gevrey “Aux Combottes” to be quite special. In all the years we have been purchasing this wine, it has never failed to delight and satisfy. Of course, it is one of those rare 1er Crus that, geographically, is literally surrounded by Grand Cru vineyards. In this case, it is encircled by Latricieres Chambertin, Charmes Chambertin and Clos de la Roche. The Lignier parcel is 0.14 hectare and the vines therein were planted in 1957. Obviously, production is exceedingly limited.
No case discounts. Limit 2 bottles per customer.
- Country France
- Region Burgundy
- Appellation Gevrey-Chambertin
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Hubert Lignier
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Food Pairings Gamey Meats, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Steak!, Red Sauce
- Characteristics Flexes w/ Food, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.