2018 Radikon 'Oslavje' 500ML Venezia Giulia IGT Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
60% Chardonnay/40% Sauvignon Blanc. All of Radikon's whites are made in the same way: the organically farmed, stunningly low-yield, hand-harvested fruit is destemmed and gently crushed with a pneumatic press. The grapes are placed in old Slavonian oak vats and co-fermented with native yeasts. Maceration with the skins lasts about 3 months—however long it takes to reach total dryness--with no temperature control and no sulfur. The wine is racked and aged on its lees in huge Slavonian oak casks (25-35-hectoliter) for 3-4 years, racked twice a year. The wine is then bottled without sulfur and without filtration. The bottles are aged for several years before release.
- Country Italy
- Style White Wine
- Producer Radikon
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Root Veggies, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Wild Side, Has Age, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.