2019 Domaine du Collier, Saumur Blanc "La Charpentrie", Loire, France
VINEYARD: Old vine Chenin Blanc from La Charpentrie vineyard on the hillsides of Brézé.
SOIL: Clay topsoil with tuffeaux subsoil
VITICULTURE: Organically farmed, soils are worked to send roots down into the calcium rich tuffeaux. Hand harvested with severe sorting.
VINIFICATION: Fermentation with natural yeasts in barrel.
AGING: 24-36 month extended ageing without racking in a very cold undergroud cellar in a combination of neutral and some new barrels we well as Stockinger brand foudres.
- Country France
- Region Loire Valley
- Appellation Saumur
- Style White Wine
- Producer Domaine du Collier
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Chenin Blanc
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.