2020 Paolo Bea, Umbria Rosso 'Cotidie', Italy
“Cotidie” (“quotidian” in Latin) was conceived as an “everyday” wine for its relatively easygoing and drinkable spirit. The methodology behind it feels outré today but would have been common practice for the ancients to whom its Latin name pays tribute: a co-fermentation of both red and white grapes—in this case, Sagrantino and Trebbiano—grown in close proximity to one another, and yielding a lip-smacking wine that’s hard to pigeonhole. In its vibrant ruby color, it sits in the interzone between a dark rosato and a light red, and it offers the heady spice we all love in Bea’s Sagrantino, albeit on a softer, lighter frame.
- Country Italy
- Region Umbria
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Paolo Bea
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Sagrantino, Trebbiano Spoletino
- Food Pairings Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Meaty Fish, Pizza Night, Red Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Wild Side, Co-Ferment, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.