2021 Ceritas Trout Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir, Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
Trout Gulch sits at 750 feet above the hamlet of Aptos in the southern Santa Cruz Mountains. The vineyard was planted in 1980 to Wente Chardonnay and Mt Eden Pinot Noir and is carefully tended to by winemaker/vigneron Richard Alfaro. Uplifted oceanic sandy soils create unique drainage sending the vines deep into marine-derived sub-soils. Tucked into a cool coastal redwood drainage allows temperatures here to stay cooler than expected – summertime highs rarely exceeding 80F.
The extended season and cold fall weather result in excellent fruit purity and naturally high acidity wines. The wines also capture a marine flavor unlike any of our other wines.
- Country United States
- Region California
- Appellation Santa Cruz Mountains
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Ceritas
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Food Pairings Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Meaty Fish, Red Sauce
- Characteristics West Coast, Flexes w/ Food, Red Fruit, Dressed to Impress
- This item is not eligible for discount.