2021 Domaine Jacques Carillon Chassagne-Montrachet Blanc, Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, France
From vines planted in 2013 in Voillenot-Dessous, located immediately south of the village itself, Jacques’s villages-level Chassagne-Montrachet Blanc displays more breadth than his Puligny-Montrachets, with a slightly less forward mineral element. Still, the wine shows impressive verve, with surprising depth from such young vines. A modest proportion of new barrels keeps the delicate fruit-mineral interplay at the forefront.
- Country France
- Region Burgundy
- Appellation Chassagne-Montrachet
- Style White Wine
- Producer Jacques Carillon
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Flexes w/ Food, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.