2021 Montevertine Pian del Ciampolo Toscana IGT, Tuscany, Italy
Sangiovese with tiny amounts of Canaiolo and Colorino blended in, this is the basic red wine of the estate. It sees 18 months of aging in large barrel. The 1.5 hectare vineyard parcel was re-planted in 2003; the vineyards face east – northeast which produces a long growing season resulting in the complete maturation of the grapes and exceptional balance to this wine which reflects the classic Montevertine style marked by elegance and complexity.
- Country Italy
- Region Tuscany
- Appellation Chianti Classico
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Montevertine
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Canaiolo, Colorino, Sangiovese
- Food Pairings Roast White Meats, Meaty Fish, Pizza Night, Red Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Flexes w/ Food, Red Fruit, Bright and Fresh
- This item is not eligible for discount.