2022 Envinate, Albahra Chingao 1.5L Magnum, Almansa, Spain
100% Garnacha Tintorera from a single parcel of 30-year-old Garnacha Tintorera vines planted on calcareous soils at 800m elevation. The vines are trained en vaso and the only vineyard treatments are with sulfur. Vinification Method The grapes were harvested by hand and 20% were destemmed and crushed, while the remaining 80% were left whole cluster. Fermented together with native yeasts in open concrete tanks for 15 days with very gentle pumpovers, then rested in concrete for 8 months. Bottled directly from tank without fining or filtering, and without sulfur addition
AS SEEN IN...
Where Garnacha Meets Freshness: Las Pedreras
Every once in a while we taste a wine that stops us dead in our tracks and forces us to rethink our assumptions about a certain grape or region.Read More