2015 Larmandier-Bernier Les Chemins d'Avize Grand Cru Extra Brut Champagne, France
VITICULTURE: The vines are farmed biodynamically and the grapes are harvested by hand.
VINIFICATION: Pierre & Sophie purchased a smaller press in 2009 in order to vinify these small Avize parcels separately. Natural yeast fermentation in used barriques and old foudres.
AGING: The wine is left on its lees during the winter and aged in the cool cellars, disgorged 6 months prior to release. 2 grams dosage. Disgorged by hand
NOTES: Pierre knew for many years that his Avize vineyards were unique expressions of the village and merited a terroir cuvee like those of Vertus and Cremant. Historically, the vineyards of Chemin de Plivot and Chemin de Flavigny contributed to the Longitude cuvée, but in 2009 Pierre and Sophie purchased a smaller press to allow them to vinify the juice from these parcels separately. It is fermented in small Austrian oak barrels and receives only 2 grams of dosage.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Côte des Blancs
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Larmandier-Bernier
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Fresh Seafood, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Has Age, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.