2015 Robert Moncuit 'Les Chetillons' Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut Champagne, France
The first vintage of Chetillons produced by Champagne Robert Moncuit was from the 2008 vintage. Les Chetillons, made famous by Champagne Pierre Peters, is a vineyard we have long admired. It encapsulates the heights that Chardonnay can reach in the Côte des Blancs. Robert Moncuit's Les Chetillons comes from a two hectare parcel planted in 1956 in the village of Mesnil.
It is fermented in tonneaux and left in barrel until the April after harvest. The wine undergoes malolactic fermentation. It is bottled the July after harvest and is aged on cork before being disgorged. The wine is not chaptalized or filtered and is zero dosage.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Côte des Blancs
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Robert Moncuit
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Fresh Seafood, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Has Age, Dressed to Impress, Big Power