2016 Laherte Freres Les Empreintes Brut Nature Champagne, France
VINEYARD: 50% Chardonnay (1/3 of Chardonnay muscaté) from vines in Les Chemins d’Epernay, which were planted in 1957. 50% Pinot Noir from vines in Les Rouges Maisons, which were planted in 1983.
SOIL: Les Chemins d'Epernay has cay soils with a lsilt stratum in surface and a chalky subsoil, whereas Les Rouges Maisons has deeo clay topsoil with flint, schist and a chalk subsoil.
VITICULTURE: Vineyards are farmed organically, soils are worked (sometimes with a horse).
VINIFICATION: Grapes are picked up by hand when fully ripen, then traditional pressing. Natural alcoholic fermentation in barrels from Burgundy (aged of 10 years minimum). No malolactic fermentation.
AGING: 6 months of barrel ageing with regular stirring of the lees.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Laherte Frères
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Food Pairings White Sauce, Crunchy Greens, Fried Food, Aperitif
- Characteristics Flexes w/ Food, Grower Champagne, Dressed to Impress, Fresh Rosé, Bright and Fresh
- This item is not eligible for discount.