2017 Champagne Dhondt-Grellet 'Le Bateau' Cramant Vieilles Vignes Grand Cru Extra Brut
Le Bateau is considered one of the best lieu-dits of Cramant and Adrien's vines planted there are the oldest of the estate. The vineyard was planted in 1951 by Adrien's great-grandfather.
It is made entirely in oak with only with indigenous yeasts. It spends 8 months on lees in barrel. There is no filtration, fining, or cold stabilization. He leaves it to age in his cellar for 3-4 years and one additional year on cork after disgorgement. Dosage is less than 3g/L but in past vintages has been zero dosage.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Côte des Blancs
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Dhondt-Grellet
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Flexes w/ Food, Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Dressed to Impress, Big Power