2018 Domaine Nowack 'La Tuilerie' Chardonnay Extra Brut Champagne, France
Biodynamic. 100% Chardonnay. Sourced entirely from a 1.20 ha plot called La Tuilerie located in the middle altitude slopes of Vandieres (Mi-Coteau). The vines average 25 years in age - the soils is white sand & limestone with marine subsoil (about 1.5-2 meters under the surface) and the land is directly facing south at 100-120 meters above sea level. Spontaneous fermentation in a combination of small oak barrels and stainless steel. Ageing in small oak barrels for the vin clair. The vin clair is not chaptalized, fined, filtered, or cold stabilized and naturally goes through malo on its own in the Spring.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Vallée de la Marne
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Nowack
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Fresh Seafood, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.