2019 Domaine du Collier, Saumur Rouge "La Ripaille", Loire, France
VINEYARD: Old vine Cabernet Franc from La Ripaille vineyard on the hillsides of Brézé.
SOIL: Clay topsoil with tuffeaux subsoil
VITICULTURE: Organically farmed, soils are worked to send roots down into the calcium rich tuffeaux. Hand harvested with severe sorting.
VINIFICATION: Fermentation with natural yeasts in barrel.
AGING: 24-36 month extended ageing without racking in a very cold undergroud cellar in a combination of barrels and some Stockinger brand foudres.
- Country France
- Region Loire Valley
- Appellation Saumur
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Domaine du Collier
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Cabernet Franc
- Food Pairings Gamey Meats, Roast White Meats, Braised Things
- Characteristics Wild Side, Flexes w/ Food, Red Fruit, Dressed to Impress
- This item is not eligible for discount.