2019 Domaine Nowack 'La Fontinette' Meunier Extra Brut Champagne, France
Located in the middle altitude slopes of Vandieres (Mi-Coteau). The vines were planted in 1965. The soils is brown sand & clay with marine subsoil (about 1.5-2 meters under the surface) and the exposure is southwest at 100-120 meters above sea level. Spontaneous fermentation in a combination of small oak barrels and stainless steel. Ageing in small oak barrels for the vin clair. The vin clair is not chaptalized, fined, filtered, or cold stabilized and naturally goes through malo on its own in the Spring. Biodynamic.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Vallée de la Marne
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Nowack
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Pinot Meunier
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Wild Side, Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.