2020 Domaine de Montille Les Pezerolles Pommard Premier Cru, Burgundy, France
Certified organic, practicing biodynamic
Fruit from Hubert's old clos saw 100% whole fermentation, while fruit from the middle aged vineyards was 50% whole cluster and the youngest vines were destemmed. Regarding sulfur, reds have the following: 45-65 mg/l total SO2, 20-25 mg/l free SO2.
Aged 14-18 months in barrel (30% new oak), then assembled and aged for additional months in stainless steel tank.
Pézerolles is often thought of as an outlier because it is the most finesseful of the Pommard 1er Crus. Even though it sits on the other side of the village from Volnay, it's floral, delicate, and graceful profile is often described as being Volnay-esque.
- Country France
- Region Burgundy
- Appellation Pommard
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Domaine de Montille
- Farming Practices Biodynamic, Organic
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Food Pairings Braised Things, Roast White Meats, Gamey Meats, Meaty Fish, Red Sauce
- Characteristics Red Fruit, Big Power, Dressed to Impress, Icon
- This item is not eligible for discount.