2020 Domaine de Montille Les Taillepieds Volnay Premier Cru, Burgundy, France
100% whole cluster fermantion. Regarding sulfur, reds have the following: 45-65 mg/l total SO2, 20-25 mg/l free SO2.
Aged 18-20 months in barrel (30% new), then assembled to age additional months in stainless steel.
De Montille's Taillepieds is one of the true "flagships" of the domaine, and is a model of aromatic purity and precision. The nose is consistently floral and spicy with earthy elements, while the palate is structured with a tight, dense and tannic profile. Chewy in its youth, but purity and minerality are revealed with time. A serious and long-lived wine in the De Montille lineup.
- Country France
- Region Burgundy
- Appellation Volnay
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Domaine de Montille
- Farming Practices Biodynamic, Organic
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Food Pairings Braised Things, Roast White Meats, Gamey Meats, Meaty Fish, Red Sauce
- Characteristics Red Fruit, Big Power, Dressed to Impress, Icon
- This item is not eligible for discount.