2020 Maison Stephan Cote Rotie Coteaux de Bassenon Rhone, France
Côteaux de Bassenon is the most southerly vineyard in Côte-Rôtie, and is sometimes labeled Côteaux de Semons. The majority of Jean-Michel's vines in this parcel were planted in 1896, which would make them the first vines planted after the phylloxera epidemic devastated French vineyards in the late 19th century. 20% of the vineyard is planted to Viognier, and the rest is planted half to Serine (the oldest vines) and half to Syrah. In 2020, Jean-Michel and Romain planted an additional 0.4 ha.
- Country France
- Region Rhône Valley
- Appellation Côte Rôtie
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Maison Stephan
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Serine, Syrah, Viognier
- Food Pairings Gamey Meats, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Steak!, Red Sauce
- Characteristics Icon, No Sulfur, Dressed to Impress, Black or Blue Fruit, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.