Larmandier-Bernier Rose de Saignee 1er Cru Extra Brut Champagne, France 
NOTES: A singular, Rose de Saignée Extra Brut is a vintage cuvee made solely from the oldest Pinot Noir vines planted in the village of Vertus. The grapes are crushed and the juice macerates on the skins for two or three days to give the wine its lovely color (rather than fermented as a white wine and then blended with a bit of red still wine further on down the road to make a Rosé). The rosé is fermented in enamel-lined stainless steel tanks and finished with an extremely delicate dosage of three grams per liter. This is a Champagne Rosé meant for the table with a deep, penetrating style that stands up to savory meat dishes.
- Country France
- Region Champagne
- Appellation Côte des Blancs
- Style Sparkling Wine, Champagne Method
- Producer Larmandier-Bernier
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Food Pairings Stinky Cheese, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Fresh Seafood, White Sauce, Fried Food
- Characteristics Icon, Grower Champagne, Champagne Method, Has Age, Dressed to Impress, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.