2021 Strohmeier TLZ Weiss (No 12), Steiermark, Austria
70% Pinot Blanc, 30% Chardonnay
Vineyards: Bad Gams, Stainz. Gneiss with important iron and silica content.
Vinification Method: The grapes are hand-harvested and carefully selected to keep only the ripest bunches. A short (5-hour) skin contact to keep the wine at its freshest, then gentle pressing. Spontaneous alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 500-liter used wooden barrels, where it then rests for about a year. Bottled unfined, unfiltered, no SO2 added.
Personality: The subtlest touch of skin contact on the nose and palate, heaps of citrus, stone fruit, pleasant saltiness. A treat to be served in big glasses to fully enjoy the evolution.
- Country Austria
- Region Styria
- Style Orange Wine, White Wine
- Producer Strohmeier
- Farming Practices Organic, Biodynamic
- Grapes Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay
- Food Pairings White Sauce, Fried Food, Spicy, Roast White Meats, Stinky Cheese
- Characteristics No Sulfur, Wild Side, Juicy, Tropical, Dressed to Impress, Icon