2018 Paolo Bea, 'Pipparello' Montefalco Rosso Riserva, Umbria, Italy
The Pipparello vineyard is a hilltop site in Montefalco at 1300 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and gravel. The vines in the Pipparello vineyard are a minimum of 20 years old. Harvest takes place normally during the middle of October. The ultimate wine is a blend of roughly 60% Sangiovese, 25% Montepulciano and 15% Sagrantino. The cuvaison extends for a period between 40 to 50 days. After the alcoholic fermentation this wine spends a year in stainless steel tanks and then two years in large oak barrels and is released after an additional year of bottle-aging.
Not elligble for case discount
- Country Italy
- Region Umbria
- Appellation Montefalco
- Style Red Wine
- Producer Paolo Bea
- Farming Practices Organic
- Grapes Montepulciano, Sagrantino, Sangiovese
- Food Pairings Gamey Meats, Roast White Meats, Braised Things, Steak!, Red Sauce
- Characteristics Icon, Dressed to Impress, Black or Blue Fruit, Big Power
- This item is not eligible for discount.